Tuesday, April 22, 2008

TV shows

F.R.I.E.N.D.S - Evergreen comedy show. 6 friends staying in the city of New York, going through the ups n downs of love affairs, marriages, divorces, babies and managing to be good friends all throughout. I have watched this show million times but still catch 2-3 episodes every week on TBS. Its a good dose of laughter after work.

Family guy - As the name suggests, this is a cartoon show revolving around one American(supposedly) family from a fictional town named Quahog. Peter, Lois the parents, & the kids are Chris, Meg & Stewie (most interesting character of the show) and of course a dog, Brian (who almost always talks and behaves just like humans). This is my favourite show these days. The writers of this show crack jokes on blacks, whites, browns, disabled people, babies, sex basically anything and everything. I donno if theres anything in this universe that these writers think they cannot make fun out of. They can take any situation that could be serious, turn it around and make it HILARIOUS!!!!!

America's funniest home videos - I don't know the timings of this show but I land up catching it at least once a week by accident. In this show the host presents various hilarious home videos. These videos are sent by the viewers of the show. Some land up winning $10,000 for these clips. I guarantee, at least once every show everyone drops off their chair. The presentation of the show is really good. Well put together show.

Top chef - I haven't managed to catch a lot of episodes of this show but its pretty interesting n delicious. Well qualified chefs cook to impress a panel of judges. The food is judged by the taste, appearance, presentation and many other aspects. I want to be a judge on this show.....Dream job!! :)

Rock of love, parental control - Rock of love airs on VH1 & Parental control airs on MTV. Those are THE MOST CRAPPY shows I have ever seen. Rock of love is a show where a group of whores or almost whores are competing for a guy who they believe is the love of their life. The drama, politics & stupidity overall is........am out of words........IDIOTIC. Parental control -I dont even wanna write about it.

Sex & the city - A show about 4 New York based women in mid 30s discussing their reationships, sexlives, constantly changing boyfriends and involving complications. This show on the whole has no substance but for some reason I have seen all the seasons more than once. The drama in the show keeps u glued to the seat. The fashions and shoes in the show are fab. (sorry, m a shoes freak!!). Many of the supposedly socially relevent issues catered to in the show were absolute bull according to me....being a non-american I couldn't relate to those I guess.....Enjoyed the drama!!

No comments: